Popular Vote HatRegular price
I Am The Popular Vote
Yo Soy El Voto Popular
100% PROFITS GO TO THE ORGANIZATION OF YOUR CHOICE
Please consider buying a cap or hat to ensure that the values we cherish will flourish.
While some would say it unwise to mix business with politics, we at Jao Brand value this country’s blend of races and cultures; it’s foundation of freedom; its commitment to opportunity, not just for some, but for all.
Lets raise money for the causes we care about:
- Planned Parenthood
- Pro Publica
- Nature Conservancy
- Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
6-panel navy blue 100% cotton cap with a pre-curved bill and an adjustable self-fabric strap with a hide-away slide buckle. Made in the USA
Navy blue 100% acrylic knit cap. 12" long for folding the cuff. Made in the USA
About the organizations:
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization whose stated mission is to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States. It works through litigation, lobbying, and community empowerment. Local affiliates of the ACLU are active in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. The ACLU provides legal assistance in cases when it considers civil liberties to be at risk.
For more information about the ACLU, click here.
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
According to CSGV, its mission is to secure freedom from gun violence through research, strategic engagement and effective policy advocacy. The organization has nine areas of focus, regarding issues and campaigns:
- Opposition to the "insurrectionism" which the group attributes to the National Rifle Association (NRA). The coalition contends this philopsohy "degrades the democratic values and institutions that protect all of the freedoms we enjoy as Americans."
- Support for firearm microstamping, a ballistic identification technology intended to allow law enforcement to trace the serial number of a firearm from ejected cartridge case(s) recovered at a crime scene.
- Support for closing the gun show loophole through universal background checks.
- Highlight problems with the current system for providing concealed carry permits.
- Opposition to the sale of assault weapons to the public.
- Support "countermarketing", the strategy of using municipalities and law enforcement to force changes in gun industry marketing and distribution practices.
- Opposition to stand your ground laws.
- Support for improving mental health screening of firearms purchasers.
- Opposition to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which gives immunity for the firearms industry against negligence.
For more information about the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, click here.
Its mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. The Conservancy pursues non confrontational, pragmatic solutions to conservations challenges working with partners including indigenous communities, businesses, governments, multilateral institutions, and other non-profits.
For more information about the Nature Conservancy, click here.
Planned Parenthood, is a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health services both in the United States and globally. Planned Parenthood consists of 159 medical and non-medical affiliates, which operate over 650 health clinics in the U.S. It partners with organizations in 12 countries globally. The organization directly provides a variety of reproductive health services and sexual education, contributes to research in reproductive technology, and performs advocacy work aimed at protecting and expanding reproductive rights.
Services provided by PPFA include birth control and long-acting reversible contraception; emergency contraception; breast and cervical cancer screening; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections; sex education; vasectomies; LGBT services; and abortion. PPFA is well known for providing services to minorities and the poor; according to PPFA, approximately four out of five of their clients have incomes at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level.
For more information about Planned Parenthood, click here.
ProPublica describes itself as an independent non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. In 2010 it became the first online news source to win a Pulitzer Prize, for a piece written by one of its journalists and published in The New York Times Magazine as well as on ProPublica.org. ProPublica's investigations are conducted by its staff of full-time investigative reporters and the resulting stories are given away to news 'partners' for publication or broadcast. In some cases, reporters from both ProPublica and the news partners work together on a story. ProPublica has partnered with more than 90 different news organizations.
For more information about the Pro Publica, click here.